Monday, April 2, 2012

And You See Me Waiting For You On The Corner of The Street

Dear you,
I get scared when I think about the future.
Because what you want, I couldn't help but want it too
But at the same time, I cannot let go of my own plans.
I want you still in my future.
But I might lose my grip on you while walking down that pavement.
I might lose my strength to keep hoping for you.
I might push you away, because I might convince myself someday that that's the only way.
I might stop believing that you would ever wait for me.
Because, I'm not worth the wait.

Dear you,
How is it that you have so much confidence in the future ?
In me ?
When by day, I keep making sentences in my head on how to break this to you.
How to will you to see it from my view.
How to tell you, that you should stop, just stop making me fall for you so hard.
Stop making me get so used to having you be there for me.

Dear you,
I never planned on falling this hard for you.
But now, I catch glimpses of a future built with you.
But glimpses of a future I've worked for are just as clear.

Dear you,
Maybe it's time we step back into reality.
Maybe it's time for me to confront those voices in my head.
Maybe, it's time to let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment